Monday, November 13, 2006

JOHLSTE article published

I am pleased to say that the International Journal of Hospitality, Leisure, Sport and Tourism Education (JOHLSTE) has seen fit to publish an article from me entitled ‘The Status of Visual Data in Research Methods Textbooks for Sport and Leisure Programmes’.

The idea for the article came from my teaching experience on a variety of research methods modules for CPE, ASC, SPD and LAT as well as a brief stint on an Outdoor Adventure module in which I was given a brief to introduce the students to methods of analysing the representation of athletes (well, climbers to be specific). As such, some of the themes of the article were developed in discussion with colleagues including Caroline, Su and the departed Matt – my thanks to them.

I should be very interested to get any feedback if you have the time or inclination to have a look. The link below [here] ought to work but, if not, it is easy to get to this electronic journal by going to the website for LTSN/HE Academy site for Hospitality, Leisure, Sport and Tourism

Ian Gilhespy





Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?