Monday, July 12, 2010

5 in 14

You wait for a conference invitation then 5 come along at once. Here is my schedule:

July 5-6 -- CREST conference in London. Meet and greet colleagues in GuildHE and do a quick (10 minute!) TED-talk on my research interest. I chose Bourdieu, the high aesthetic and the connection with 'deep learning'.

July 8 -- C-SAP e-learning conference, London. Discuss work undertaken as part of OER project and link it to discussions of pedagogy -- Bourdieu on rational pedagogy to be precise.

July 9 -- Faculty of Education Health and Welfare Research Day, Marjon, Plymouth. A talk on the RAE, REF and the Centre for Educational Research (which I head up). Tried a parody of modern school teaching practice to lighten the bad news I had to offer about Marjon's appalling position on various league tables.

July 13 -- Faculty of Sport, Media and Creative Arts Research Day, Marjon, Plymouth. I am MC for the day and I am also giving a paper on 'authenticity' and how we might research it.

July 19th -- C-SAP national half-day conference on assessment, Marjon, Plymouth.I helped organise this one too and I am giving a presentation on 'teaching to the test'

Dave Harris

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?